The presence of back pain gives an uneasy feeling, which, depending on the intensity can pass on their own within a day or two, but often passes in chronic pain who exhausting and where drugs are no more important.
What to do in this case?
Yoga is an alternative method that has proved to be very effective in the case of back pain, especially in the lower parts of the back, with conditions such as sciatica.
What is sciatica?
Sciatica is a pain that radiated from the lower back down to the legs, and the cause of sciatica is a common pressure on the nerve ishiadicus or some of its branches.
Pressure on the nerve arises as a result of changes in spinal vertebrae, when it comes to the derailment in the vertebral disc.
When it comes to pressure on the nerve, it is manifested by severe pain that is felt in the lower back and spreads distally towards the feet.
What are the causes of pain in the lower back?
The most common causes of pain in the lower back, are:
1. Poor posture - incorrect posture, long sitting, standing, uncomfortable sleeping or prolonged bending of the body, leading to the muscles spasm, due to lack of physical activity.
Due to this poor body posture or frequent sitting, lower back pain occurs, which is particularly exacerbated in people with flat feet.
2. Constipation - acting weird, but long-term constipation and inability to empty the bowel, can be the reason for the occurrence of back pain or spinal column. Constipation causes dull pain.
3. Women and genital organs - the physiological condition in women, such as pregnancy, burden the abdominal wall and muscles, but also the spinal joints and muscles at the back.
Due to the presence of the fetus in the abdomen that pulls forward and down, women during pregnancy often have problems with pain in the lower parts of back.
From the pathological condition in women, the occurrence of inflammation of the bladder or vaginal infections can cause back pain.
Due hormonal imbalances before the menstrual cycle, women may feel a dull ache in the lower back.
How yoga helps in eliminating back pain ?
Studies have shown that yoga is one of the effective and efficient alternative methods in eliminating pain in the lower back.
Even in this case, the yoga found application as independent treatment without the use of drugs for pain.
Yoga has a relaxing effect and beneficial effect on the health of the entire body.
The principles of yoga exercises are based on asanas, which are main part of yoga therapy.
Asanas is applicate in order to relax the muscles, tighten intervertebral discs, cartilage and strengthen ligaments and sustain spinal column.
It relieves pain and regulates digestion so it removes the gases and increases intestinal motility.
2. Asana with bending your back backwards - yoga exercises which are highly therapeutic, reduce each type of pain, affect hormone balance and reduce overcrowding reproductive organs.
3. Yoga Nidra - emotional stress, also can be one of the possible causes of back pain.
Yoga nidra is ideal asana for this type of pain. It is performed in the supine position, in savasana.
It is suitable for beginners to yoga because it does not require special conditions and a lot of time.
Yoga nidra enables deep muscle relaxation, and relieves emotional tension.
It is extremely good exercise because it combines mental and physical level.
4. Makarasana (position crocodile) - It is performed lying on your stomach with your elbows bent resting on the floor.
Chin is supporting by the hands and feet are stretched out. Breathing is normally and the goal is relaxation of the abdominal muscles.
5. Ardha shalabhasana (semi grasshopper), the Sphinx and the Cobra - types of asanas that can build on the previous one.
As makarasana, these exercises are conducted in order to better mobility.
6. Matsya kridasana - a position that gives relief and removes the pain.
Mentioned asanas have an impact on the spinal column and spinal and abdominal muscles.
The goals are the elimination of pain, stiffness of muscles, elasticity and removal of emotional tension.
Although, yoga exercises should not be practiced only in those situations, it is necessary to introduce them as a daily exercise.