How to relief cough and sore throat that comes with the flu and colds?
There are numerous natural remedies that you can make yourself at home. All the ingredients you have in the kitchen, you only need to mix them and use for the treatment of cough.
• Menthol – peppermint oil, menthol candies, herbal drops with menthol, may be useful in eliminating cough and calming sore throat . Essential oil of peppermint has cooling effect and has property to constrict blood vessels, giving a feeling of comfort, pain relief and reducing throat irritation.
• Honey - is the perfect natural remedy which is traditionally used to treat cough in colds and flu. Just take a spoon of raw honey, put it in a warm tea or mixed with lukewarm water. Children under the age of one year shall not be use raw honey.
• Chicken soup - hot chicken soup is a folk remedy for strengthening the body when there are cold and flu, but also to remove progressive cough. Chicken soup heated the airways, pounding thick mucus and enables expectoration.
• Water vapor, saline solutions - water vapor from herbal preparations, or saline solution can dissolve mucus in the nose and thereby eliminate interference in breathing. The humid air doesn’t produce throat irritation, but on the contrary, it is beneficial for dry cough.
Recipe for rinsing the nose and throat - It helps with nasal congestion: Take ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon of baking soda and 4 tablespoons of hot water. Put this saline solution in the bulb or an atomizer or it can be put directly in the nose and throat using a plastic syringe. Repeat this process two to three times per day.
• Honey and vinegar - this mixture of 1 tbsp. honey and 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, can be used to rinse the sore throat.
• Water and lemon - in a cup of warm water, squeeze lemon juice and gurgle the solution. This mixture of water and acid creates an acidic environment in the throat which viruses and bacteria don’t like. Don’t eat fresh lemons because lemon acid can irritate already inflamed throat.
• Black pepper - black pepper tea is traditionally used in Chinese medicine for the treatment of wet cough. Black pepper stimulates circulation, and removes mucus.
Cooking tea consists of placing 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper in a cup of boiling water. It stands 15 minutes; after 15 minutes, strain the tea, add honey and drink in sips.
• Ginger - Tea is made from 12 slices of fresh ginger in a pot with 3 cups of water. Cook for 20 minutes, and then remove from heat. Leave it to cool down and then add a tablespoon of honey and lemon.
• Pear - juice or pear compote is an excellent cure for dry cough.
• Black radish – put a few slices of black radish into the glass jar and pour with honey. Allow the jar to stand closed for about 12 hours. As a final result, it will create the thick mass with sweet taste. Take 1 tablespoon of syrup throughout the day.
• Licorice - licorice root is used for conditions such as colds, sore throat and cough. It is mainly used as a tea for coughing.
• Flax, honey and lemon – when flaxseed is poured with water and leaved to stand, it will create a slimy substance that acts as a protective gel for sore throat and airways. For better flavor and medicinal action you could add honey and lemon juice.
• Almond – to relieve a cough, take a few tablespoons of ground almonds pour with orange juice and drink during the day.
Another recipe for cough: soak 5-6 almonds in water overnight. Make a smooth paste of the soaked almonds and add 1 teaspoon of butter. Eat this mass 3-4 times a day and cough symptoms will disappear.
• Marshmallow - marshmallow root is using for preparing a tea, which is good for your throat, because it calms irritation and inflammation. Marshmallow contains a lot of mucus and it is used in commercial cough syrups.
• Thyme - has an antiseptic effect on the respiratory tract. Thyme leaves contain flavonoids which relax the throat muscles, reduce inflammation and relieve cough.
Preparation of tea: take 2 tbsp. thyme leaves, which are overlaid with a cup of boiling water. Leave to stand for 15 minutes and drink in sips. Thyme also released etheric matter, which healing properties can be performed through inhalations.
• Red hot peppers - make healthy syrup by mixing ¼ teaspoon cayenne peppers, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, 1 tbsp. honey, 1 tbsp. apple vinegar and 2 tbsp. water. Drink syrup 2-3 times a day. Cayenne pepper decreases chest pain that occurs as a result of coughing. It also warms the body and stimulates immunity.
• Garlic - has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action in the body. For preparing remedy for cough with garlic, you’ll need: 2 - 3 cloves of garlic and cup of water. Put garlic in boiling water; after a few minutes add a scoop of oregano and leave liquid to cool. For better taste it can be add a little honey. This natural syrup with garlic will relieve cough and deepens breathing.
• Propolis - Bee product is full of minerals and vitamins, and is very effective for cough. Propolis can be added to tea, warm water or juices.
• Onion – prepare onion syrup for the treatment of cough: chopped 2 -3 onions and cover them with honey. Allow to stand for about 6 hours in order to onion soak the honey. Thereafter, squeeze onions as much as you can to isolate honey compound with healing substances from onion. When you done, switch liquid to glass container. Take teaspoon of onion’s syrup every day, on every two hours, till it’s done.
• Oil of caraway – has been applied as a disinfectant in oral cavity and it also soothes irritated throat. For this purpose you’ll have to use 1-2 drop of cumin oil into a glass of lukewarm water. Rinse the throat for several times a day.
Removing the high temperature with herbal preparations
• Linden flower, elderberry, chamomile – these herbs have healing properties like encourage perspiration and lowering high temperature in state of cold or flu.
Pregnant and nursing women shouldn’t use elderberry.
How to prepare herbal tea?
Tea is made from 2 teaspoons of dried elderberry flowers poured with the cup of boiling water. After 10 min, stir the tea and drink 3 times a day.
• Beetroot - poured fresh beetroot juice with the juice of 4 lemons and drink in sips.
• Mustard - lubricated soles with mustard and worn socks. Keep feet warmed and the temperature will soon fall.
• Potatoes, cider, brandy, cabbage leaves – these are the folk medicines for flu-removal temperature. Soak socks or put grated potatoes and cabbage leaves on your feet and keep them warm. The temperature will quickly drop to a normal value.